Note to y'all before we begin the countdown, these Dodger players are from the L.A. franchise not Brooklyn... Let us continue... Coming in at #10 is Kirk Gibson! Kirk only spent three years with the Dodgers but it has to be his World Series Homer that placed his team ahead 5-4 that helped to leave such a historic impact for him in relation to the Dodgers! Can we get an arm pump?
#9 on London's Top Ten Dodger players of all time is Mike Pizza... what was that Dad? Ohhhh, Piazza, my bad! Did you know that Mr. Piazza is the best-hitting catcher in baseball history?! That's something to be proud of!
I am getting motivated to learn this fascinating game! I even got my very own Louisville slugger out! Papa Rich got me my first Louisville and had my name put on it... I am totally like in the MLB! Getting back to our list, coming in at #8, is Fernando Valenzuela. Yea, the dude pitched a lil' funny but he did have a NO Hitter game against the St. Louis Cardinals and in 1986 he struck out five consecutive batters in the All-Star Game... perhaps his non-conventional way of pitching could be adopted by some.
I am getting so into this Baseball talk that I feel like I need to chew some gum like the major leaguers do... but I am still working on teeth so I will have to settle for my Dodger Paci. Uncle Ryan this Dodger is on the list for you Dude... #7 is Orel Hershiser. Let's go back to 1988, the guy was pretty much a solo act in carrying his team to the World Series title. Good choice in Dodger Heroes Uncle!
#6 on tonight's Countdown is Steve Garvey... not to be confused with Steve Harvey the comedian. Garvey was an EIGHT time All-Star and won FOUR golden gloves!
These guys were amazing at this game... I thought I was doing good at being able to pick the baseball up! Halfway through our list and placing in at #5 is Maury Wills. Wills is known for bringing stealing the bases back to the game... I wonder if he ever gave them back?
#4 on the list was not only a player for the Dodgers, he was a scout, coach and manager... if you guessed Mr. Tommy Lasorda than you win a high five because you are spot on Team Homerun!!! Lasorda REALLY liked this team! Random info, did you know that Tommy was the godfather to one of Piazza's brothers? Maybe a lil' family pull getting Piazza to bleed some Dodger blue, eh?
The one and the only Vin Scully comes in at #3. Arguably the greatest sports broadcaster in history. He is known for his memorable calls, just the way he can phrase a play or a moment in a game can turn it nostalgic instantly. Scully once said, "I would come home to listen to a football game- there weren't other sports on - and I would get a pillow and I would crawl under the radio, so that the loudspeaker and the roar of the crowd would wash all over me, and would just get goose bumps like you can't believe. And I knew that of all the things in this world that I wanted, I wanted to be that fella saying, whatever, home run or touchdown. It just really got to me."
#2 on London's researched and compiled list of greatest Dodgers, is Don Drysdale. Drysdale was a dynamic pitcher, he was half of a dominating pitching duo during the 1960s... just a lil' before I was born. #1 on the countdown...drum roll please... is the other half of that dominating pitching duo Mr. Sandy Koufax. Koufax is one of the best left-handed pitchers of all-time. Koufax led the Dodgers to two World Series titles. These guys make me feel exhausted just discussing their accomplishments!
I hope y'all enjoyed my Top Ten List of the Greatest Dodgers of All Times. Hey Daddy, are proud of all my Dodger knowledge? I can't wait to learn more about this game from you Pops! Maybe someday I will be in the Hall of Fame, but for now I will practice picking up my Dodger baseball and rolling it to my Dad... the Great's had to start somewhere!










